Learners will gain knowledge and skills to process the payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations and keep accurate payroll records.
The qualification is made up of:
1. Online Knowledge Test
50 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
100 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
The course outline comprises of :
Online Knowledge tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions. They are assessed via IABOnline and are open book. This might be taken in class or at home
Paper Examinations these are assessed under examination conditions. There will be a scenario which will be worked through on a computerised payroll package. A series of printouts will be generated throughout the examination and at the end. These printouts will then be submitted back to the IAB via the exam centre.
Examinations can be taken in any month and on any day (subject to the examination centre). This means that you can move up through the levels quickly as well.
Examinations require a minimum of 5 weeks notice in the UK and 8 weeks for those outside of the UK, before the examination date. This allows us enough time to process the registrations and get the examination papers dispatched.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of Employment legislation and payroll processing – H/617/1434
- Understand the principles of legislation relating to the processing of the payroll
- Understand the information required to prepare an employee payroll record
- Understand additional elements that constitute gross pay
- Understand the principles of Statutory Additions to, and deductions from pay
- Understand the principles of PAYE and NIC legislation and other statutory obligations when processing the payroll
- Understand the principles of repaying Student Loans through the payroll
- Understand the procedures to adopt when dealing with a leaver
- Understand the requirements for processing and submitting payroll information
- Understand the need to complete period end payroll procedures within given timescales
Computerised Payroll Processing – K/617/1435
- Be able to set up and maintain company, pension and employee records using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to determine gross pay for different payroll periods
- Be able to process payroll accurately for a variety of pay periods using organisational procedures and timescales
- Be able to produce statutory and non-statutory reports
- Be able to back up and restore data when required