Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll is designed to introduce the use of payroll software on commercial scale and how it is useful in maintaining business information.
The course outline comprises of :
- Online knowledge test.
- Learners who are willing to gain the qualification of payroll.
- Learners who have qualified at Level 2.
- Those who have qualified in IAB Level 1 in Computerised Payroll, IAB Level 1 Award in Payroll or IAB Level 1 Award in Computerised Payroll for business.
- Those who are undertaking an apprenticeship in Payroll at Level 2.
- Those who wants to acquire knowledge before entering the corporate world.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of computerised payroll legislation and processing – J/50/5782
- Understand data protection and data security legislation in relation to payroll
- Understand the general principles of legislation relating to processing the payroll
- Understand the information required to prepare an employee payroll record
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for different payroll periods
- Understand the principles of PAYE and NIC legislation and operation using commercially available computerised payroll software
- Understand the requirements for processing and submitting payroll information using commercially available payroll software
- Understand the procedures to adopt when dealing with a leaver
- Understand the Statutory additions and deductions from pay that can be made using commercially available payroll software
- Understand the need to complete period end payroll reports within a given timescale
Computerised Payroll Processing – H/508/5787
- Be able to set up and maintain company, pension and employee records using commercially available payroll software
- Be able to process payroll accurately for a variety of pay periods using organisational procedures and timescales
- Be able to produce statutory and non-statutory reports
- Be able to back up and restore data when required