This course target individuals who are willing to acquire knowledge of payroll and commercially available software to prepare, process and submit payroll data.
The course outline comprises of :
- Online knowledge test.
- Learners who have qualified at IAB Level 2 Award in Computerised Payroll Processing or Level 2 Certificate in Payroll.
- Learners who are willing to gain practical knowledge of commercially used payroll software.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of legislation and payroll preparation – J/508/5815
- Understand legislation as it applies to payroll
- Understand what constitutes gross pay for a range of pay periods and situations
- Understand statutory deduction legislation
Computerised Payroll Administration – T/508/5812
- Computerised Payroll Administration – T/508/5812
- Be able to set up and maintain employee records within a computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of gross pay elements into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of voluntary and statutory deductions
- Be able to process the payroll within given timescales
- Be able to reconcile the payroll and produce internal and external reports according to given timescales