Learners will gain knowledge and skills to process the payroll under Real Time Information (RTI) regulations and keep accurate payroll records.
The qualification is made up of:
1. Online Knowledge Test
55 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
125 hours TQT (Total Qualification Time)
This qualification is made up of :
Online Knowledge tests are a series of independent short answer questions made up of multiple choice, gap fill, and true or false type questions. They are assessed via IABOnline and are open book. This might be taken in class or at home
Paper Examinations these are assessed under examination conditions. There will be a scenario which will be worked through on a computerised payroll package. A series of printouts will be generated throughout the examination and at the end. These printouts will then be submitted back to the IAB via the exam centre.
Examinations can be taken in any month and on any day (subject to the examination centre). This means that you can move up through the levels quickly as well.
Examinations require a minimum of 5 weeks notice in the UK and 8 weeks for those outside of the UK, before the examination date. This allows us enough time to process the registrations and get the examination papers dispatched.
This qualification is made up of the following units:
Principles of Payroll Administration – Y/617/1432
- Understand employment legislation as it applies to payroll
- Understand how to apply statutory and voluntary deductions to non-standard situations
- Know what constitutes Gross Pay for a leaver
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory reporting requirements in line with current regulations and organisational requirements
Computerised Payroll Administration – D/617/1433
- Be able to set up and maintain a computerised payroll system
- Be able to set up and maintain employee records within a computerised payroll system
- Be able to determine an employee’s gross pay from a range of payroll information
- Be able to enter details of gross pay elements into the computerised payroll system
- Be able to enter details of voluntary and statutory deductions
- Be able to process the payroll within given timescales
- Be able to reconcile the payroll and produce internal and external reports according to given timescales