One of the industries that’s been rapidly growing and shows no sign of stopping is Web design. Access to the Internet keeps increasing, more and more companies (including sole traders and micro businesses) want to have a website and some sort of online presence. our web design course range will arm you with the skills required to learn the techie jargon, and build a site from scratch.
The Web Design with HTML and CSS for Beginners course provides essential knowledge and skills for designing, publishing and maintaining websites for personal or professional use. No prior knowledge of web design, HTML or CSS is required for this course. Learn how to design page layout, building web page with HTML, styling pages with CSS, adding Google maps and YouTube videos. It also teaches HTML5, CSS3, domain name registration, optimising sites for search engines, publishing completed website to the hosting server, submitting sites to the search engines
Who is it for?
This course is for those who want to wield the power of the three fundamental languages of the web to build any website they can imagine.
What will you achieve by the end of this course?
You’ll gain a solid foundation in web development, starting right at the beginning so there are no gaps in your knowledge. By the end of this course package, you’ll be an intermediate front-end developer, able to build interactive, responsive websites from scratch.
- Planning and Designing Website
- Plan the Structure of a Website
- Target your audience
- Domain Name Registration
- Designing Effective Web Layout and Navigation
- HTML: The Language of the Web
- Introduction of HTML
- Using HTML Editors
- Structure of HTML Pages
- Adding and Formatting Text
- Creating Horizontal Line
- Commenting Your HTML Code
- HTML Headings
- Creating Tables
- Adding images
- Adding Hyperlinks
- Creating lists
- CSS: Styling web pages
- Introduction of CSS
- Adding CSS
- Changing Colours with CSS
- Working with Fonts
- Formatting Text
- Adding Page Background Colour
- Adding page Background Image
- Using float
- Styling Ordered and Unordered Lists
- The CSS box model
- Margins, Padding and Borders
- Using the tag
- Using Classes
- HOMEWORK: STYLE YOUR TABLE USING CLASSES
- Structuring files using selectors
- Selection in CSS
- Using classes to style your site
- Using ids to structure your site
- Selector weight values and specificity
- Introduction to HTML5
- Creating sections in HTML5
- The HTML5 declaration
- Creating web Layout and Navigation
- Create and style a layout in HTML5
- Format the body of the web page
- Centre your page
- Create a 3 column layout
- Create a header
- Add navigation bar with lists
- Create a footer
- Add your own font and create a logo
- Using CSS3 on your template
- CSS3 modules
- What is new in CSS3?
- Rounded corners
- Box shadow
- Text shadow
- Altering the background of your site
- Importing other CSS style sheets
- HOMEWORK: STYLE YOUR SITE USING CSS3 PROPERTIES
- Creating drop-down menus
- Nesting lists
- Using the overflow CSS property
- Adding effects to your menu
- Creating pages on your menu
- Page name must equal link value
- Adding Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) to your site
- Introduction of SEO
- Writing SEO-Friendly Text
- Adding SEO Info to Links and Images
- Adding Features on your Website
- Embedding Google Map
- Embedding a YouTube Video
- Adding Facebook social media plugins
- Adding Twitter social media plugins
- Creating Web Form
- Publishing your site
- Finding the appropriate Hosting space
- Publishing Website Using FTP-Client
Why Choose Us?
- Our courses represent outstanding value for money.
- Tutorial support.
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Each course is designed by industry experts, using an innovative interactive learning approach.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Anytime & Anywhere Learning.
- Recognized Accredited Qualification.
- Study in a user friendly, advanced Virtual learning platform.
- Excellent student support and administrative support.
Upon completion of this training, you will get a certificate of completion from Flacon Training.
Class Duration :
- Classroom based-8 weeks.
- Online based-8 weeks.
- Upon completion of this course student is entitled for free one-to-one mock interview session with our career expert.